Monday, February 7, 2011

Check out my new widget!

So I thought it would be cool to add a widget to be able to keep up with my miles logged as a runner. I have a cool little 2 mile route that I run, plus any competitions that I complete, so the miles will start to add up and I want to see a progressive total increase.

I would encourage everybody to just start small. It's like paying off debt, small efforts make for large dividends paid in the long run. Even if you can only walk, at a snail's pace, for 10 minutes a day in the beginning, do it! Eventually, you'll be walking for 15, 20, and then 30 minutes, and who knows, maybe you get a little crazy and start to run for a minute or two at a time.

Just have fun with it, and remember that it's better now to force yourself to do something that you might not like than it is to be dying at 60 because you didn't take care of yourself! Okay, a little extreme, but you get the point.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great way to track your progress. I'm sure that number will be huge in no time.

Brittany Temples said...

Thank you for this blog. I needed some motivation today!

Kimberly Washer said...

Really cool widget. I'll have to look into how that works!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms