Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The big MO...

Where does your motivation come from? I have found that 80% (probably more than that) of exercise is motivating yourself to get up and move. For me, sometimes its a song. Other times its a trip up a flight of stairs when I find myself out of breath at the top and I go, "Whoa! I need to exercise!" And even some other times it is just a beautiful day out and I feel like being out in it.

Well for me, today, it isn't any of those. Today, my motivation is the fact that I started this blog and I promised you guys, and myself, that I was going to redefine who I am. And if I don't get up and run, then someday when I'm signing up for the next social networking tool, or sitting in the next job interview and they ask me what my hobbies are, I won't be able to say running.

Find your motivation, and if you continue to struggle then maybe you should watch this:



****UPDATE****
Well I just went and ran and I'm a little bummed because my time was the slowest of my first three runs since I started to run, but hopefully it will get better. I actually felt better today. I felt like my breath came easier, so it's starting to get better.

4 comments:

Chara Watson said...

I have to admit I was disappointed. I thought your post might be about a burger from Mo's. I miss Nashville.

Kimberly Washer said...

HAHA...that Chara comment cracked me up! Good job staying accountable!

Mindy said...

You don't have to beat yourself everytime you run. (Besides, it was freeeeezing out!) I'm proud of you for sticking to it, whatever your motivation. Way to go!

Mindy said...

PS. We totally need to watch Rudy again.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms