Friday, February 18, 2011

Beauty and the Run

So I woke up this morning at 4:30. I had 3 cups of coffee, a few pieces of toast, and made some muffins for my bride to eat once she woke up. I had some quiet time and tried to think about how blessed I truly am.

At 5:30 my dog finally sauntered down the stairs in his normal early morning daze and decided that he needed to answer nature's call. When I opened the door to let him out I was immediately greeted by an absolutely beautiful 60 degree morning! Ahhh...how amazing is life? I decided that it was a perfect morning to finally really stretch my legs and go on a casual long run. You see, up to this point my runs have all been quick and to the point. My goal: run as fast as I can for 2 miles. Today I plotted out a nice 4.1 mile route through an adjacent neighborhood, and as my wife backed out of the drive, I embarked on my journey.

It felt absolutely phenomenal! I would encourage you to get out some today. If it is nice out, get out and walk or run and just take 40 mins to an hour to enjoy the world around you. It felt great not to be rushing or pushing myself to beat my last time. It was just a casual, relaxed adventure through God's beauty.

I'm starting to feel better about my running. It is coming easier. My legs aren't as sore afterwards. Tell me how yours is going. Have you had a chance to participate in activity? Are you deciding to do the small things, on a regular basis, that it will take to step towards a healthy life? I encourage you to, if you haven't already!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, I'm so glad that you took a chance to leisurely enjoy God's blessings. A casual run is so much more appealing to me than a competitive (even if it's only against myself) run. I love that you're using time to get in touch with yourself and with God...

PS. I also loved the muffins. :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms